Search This Blog

Saturday, September 28, 2019

Lola

A few months ago my Aunt Lola passed away from cancer. She is my father's little sister. She not only believed when she found out, she wholeheartedly supported what I had to say. She backed me up and helped me by finding me a counselor.

When my sister died from cancer, Lola and her cousin Ginny both came to Tonya's funeral. Their being there was a suprise, but it meant a lot to me. While we were visiting after the service Lola apologized to me, she felt she had wronged me. She told me that I had been over at her house and she sensed that I was ready to talk and she guessed what it was I was going to say. The problem was that they had other company and it wasn't a good time. I remember that day and I wasn't about to talk then when there were others at her house. I told her there was no need to apologize to me for that. She also apologized to me for the way other members of the family had treated me. I told he she was not responsible for their behavior.

I wish I had had the courage to start writing this blog before her death so she could have seen it. I will miss her very much and I hope she knew how much her support meant to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment